- Preparation Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 25 Minutes
Vegan vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free.
I like to think having granola topping a a bowl of fruit is a good way to start the day. It is packed with protein, vitamins and minerals to keep hunger at bay until lunch.
This granola contains both oats and the more unusual buckwheat groats.
Why use Buckwheat groats?
Although they sound like they contain wheat, they are, in fact totally gluten-free and are seed. They are packed with manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, zinc, folate, and vitamin B6. Are you convinced yet?
- Improve heart health
- Do not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar levels
- Are rich in fibre
- Provide a great source of vegan and vegetarian protein.
Added together with the rest of the ingredients this granola is power-packed
This lovely breakfast cereal is
- Super crunchy
- Slightly sweet
and easy to make.
I also like to have a handful as a snack if I am peckish in the day. A banana and some of this before I swim is perfect.
- 200g of buckwheat groats
- 180 g of gluten-free rolled oats
- 50g of chopped nuts, such as walnuts, cashews or pecans
- 25g of mixed seeds such as sunflower, sesame and linseeds
- 35g of coconut or light brown sugar
- 30g of shredded coconut
- 60ml of light oil such as rapeseed or coconut
- 120ml of maple syrup
- 50g of peanut or cashew butter
- 50g of dry fruits such as cranberries, apricots, chopped dates or blueberries
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and line a large baking tray.
- Into a large bowl add the oats, buckwheat groats, nuts, seeds, sugar and salt and mix together.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the maple syrup, nut butter and oil. Warm it and mix it until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and thoroughly mix until combined.
- Tip the mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then gently move it around (do not break it all up). Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add the dried fruits while the granola is still warm. Once the granola is completely cooled place it into an air-tight container. This will stay fresh for a few weeks.
- Creamy Vegan Chicken & Mushroom pie
- Caramel Apple Crumble bars
- My Best Vegan Lasagne
- Double Choco Mocha American cookies
- Pistachio and Dark Chocolate cookies
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Twitter as @veganalchemist1 or my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thegfveganalchemist I love seeing your versions of my recipes. Or I would love to hear your comments.