A BBQ or a salad without coleslaw for me is just not right. When i became vegan i missed some of my favourite coleslaws. Now though it gave me the push to experiment a little more with different vegetables and fruit. This is one of my favouites which I love with a nice spicy burger in a roll.
- Red cabbage
- White cabbage
- Vegan and GF mayonnaise
- Dijon mustard
- Small squeeze of lemon juice.
- half of fresh pineapple
- half a mango
- handful of dried fruit (optional)
- I have not put the amounts as basically it depends how many you are making it for or personal taste.
- Grate the carrot and very finely shred the red and white cabbage and onion. Chop up the pineapple and mango into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together enough mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and a little squeeze of lemon juice to coat the vegetables.
- Then add the shredded vegetables and any extras and combine well together Put in an airtight container and refrigerate for an hour before using to let flavours combine. Then just tuck right in.
If i want it to last more than 2 days in the fridge i use dried mango and pineapple so the coleslaw does not get too wet.