Serves 4 Preparation Time 35 Minutes Cooking Time 35 Minutes
- 2 small red onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil or spray oil
- 1 red and 1 orange pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 small courgette diced
- 300g meat-free substitute as in mince, fake beef or chicken strips
- 2 tbsp chilli tomato puree
- Dash of chipotle sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp marmite
- 2 vegetable stock pots or stock cubes
- 1 vegan or gluten-free red wine stock pot (optional)
- 250ml hot water
- 1.5 tsp medium chilli powder
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of black beans
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (gf if needed)
- 100g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 400g dried pasta (gf if needed)
- 100g vegan mozzarella or cheddar style cheese
- ##In a large deep pan add the oil or spray and heat. Add the onion, garlic red chilli, carrots and peppers and saute on medium heat until softened.
- Next, add the meat substitute and cook for a few minutes then add the chilli powder, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and cook for a further few minutes before adding the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, chipotle sauce and stir together.
- Make up the stock with the water and stock cubes or stock pots then add along with the marmite. Add the mushrooms and beans. Simmer for 30 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened. Season to taste.
- While this is cooking, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water as per packet instructions.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and pour into a large roasting dish or casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then place under a medium grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling. Serve piping hot.
Leave a Reply