Preparation Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes Serves 4-6
One of my favouite food product in the summer months are new potatoes. I especially love the waxy ones such as Anya or particularly Jersey Royals. To me, these make the best potato salad. Think of this Russian potato salad as a boosted normal one. Tangy with the capers and gherkins and with a great warm kick with the Dijon mustard.
- 250g potatoes boiled and cut up, I prefer a waxy potato for this recipe
- 2 large carrots
- 120g of frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of gherkins chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 2 sprigs of dill chopped or a few sprigs of chives, both work well
- 50g vegan plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 50g vegan mayonnaise ( bought or homemade)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the potatoes ahead of time as they need to be cold for this recipe.
- Peel and chop the carrots into cubes, cook until just tender in some slightly salted water. Add the frozen peas at the last minute. Once cooked drain and set to one side to cool.
- Blend together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, yogurt, and nutritional yeast if using. If not using the nutritional yeast you can just thoroughly mix it.
- To the dressing, mixture add the veg, capers, gherkins and finely chopped dill and carefully mix together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a sealed plastic container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply