Serves 2 as a lunch dish Preparation Time 10 Minutes Cooking Time 18-20 Minutes
I love this simple risotto dish, it does not require me to stand by the stove protecting it as I lovingly ladle the stock a little at a time while constantly stirring. The stock goes in all in one go and as long as you give it a stir occasionally that is enough, so much easier and quicker. It works perfectly as a simple quick light lunch for two, served with some steamed tenderstem broccoli and green beans it is delicious. Although light it is packed full of flavour.
If you dont have porcini mushrooms then just use the chestnut ones and 400ml of vegan stock or even 100ml of vegan wine.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil or spray oil
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 125g mixed Chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried porcini mushrooms
- 75g Arborio rice
- 300ml vegan stock
- 100ml porcini water
- 25g frozen peas
- 50g Iceland’s no chick strips (optional)
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes then drain well and slice.
- In a deep pan add the oil and heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Next, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes and then add the arborio rice, stirring it into the veg.
- Add the stock and fake chicken strips if using. Simmer on a medium heat stirring occasionally until it thickens and becomes creamy. This takes about 18-20 minutes. Add the peas and the chopped porcini mushrooms in the last few minutes.
- Serve straight away with some shavings of vegan parmesan and some steamed veg or a green salad.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on twitter as @veganalchemist1 or my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thegfveganalchemist I love seeing your versions of the recipes feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. I would also love to hear your comments.