Makes Preparation Time 10 Minutes Cooking Time 15 Minutes
Chocolate and hazelnut is a classic combination whether in cookies or cakes. I wondered if these flavours would also work when used in a flapjack recipe. I was so pleased with the result, they are incredibly
They certainly went down well in this house. They are like a chewy Nutella bar which to me is heaven.
- 125g dairy-free butter
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate hazelnut spread
- 50g finely chopped hazelnuts
- 100g dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a 20cm x 20cm with baking parchment.
- In a saucepan place the butter, sugar, golden syrup and chocolate spread over a gentle heat until it has melted and well combined.
- In another bowl add the oats, pumpkin seeds, and hazelnuts, reserving a few of the nuts to sprinkle on top once it is baked. Pour the melted mixture over the oats mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add half of the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir in
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level our, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Once you have taken it out of the oven sprinkle the reserved nuts over the top while it is still warm.
They last a few days stored in an airtight container but they also freeze really well.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on twitter as @veganalchemist1 or my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thegfveganalchemist I love seeing your versions of the recipes. I would love to hear your comments too.