Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 25 Minutes
Serves 4 with sides
I have always loved curry, to be honest, I have always preferred a veggie curry. This was good news for me when I switched to a vegan diet. There is such an array of vegetables, lentils, pulses and legumes to choose from.
This is a quick curry, compared to most I do it is relatively simple as in the ingredients you use. It is though
- Packed with fibre and protein
I use a Korma base for this one If you want to use a Tikka Masala or add more heat with chillies or hot sauce.
For a quick dish, I serve it with basmati rice, for a change though I love it over a jacket potato or some spiced roasted cauliflower steaks. With a dollop of mango sauce and I am one happy bunny. I want to make some homemade mango sauce soon. This curry uses a paste as opposed to using spices like I normally do, which does speed up the cooking time, it still tastes so good though. It is a firm vegan favourite and on the weekly menu. It is also adaptable as in which vegetables you use, keep it simple such as using courgette or cauliflower instead of green beans.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 400g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400g can of coconut milk, full fat or light
- 150g baby plum tomatoes cut in half
- A handful of cooked green beans
- 3tbsp korma curry paste
- 20g baby spinach
- A handful of flaked almonds
- juice of half a lime
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves
- In a medium-size pan heat the oil, then add the garlic, shallot and onion. Cook on a low heat for 15 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the korma paste to the pan and stir and continue cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the chickpeas and then leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes, beans and spinach and stir it. Leave this to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice
Serve with basmati rice or even over a jacket potato.
Apologies for the main picture as I forgot to add the green beans and it only clicked after I took the shot. Will change that once I make it next week.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on twitter as @veganalchemist1 or my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thegfveganalchemist I love seeing your versions of the recipes. I would love to hear your comments too.
- Chocolate orange buckwheat granola
- Banana and walnut cake
- Lemon & dill pesto
- Millionaires shortbread
- Double chocolate & orange cookies
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Twitter as @veganalchemist1 or my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thegfveganalchemist I love seeing your versions of the recipes. I would love to hear your comments too.