Serves 12 Preparation Time 10 Minutes Cooking Time 35 Minutes
These are lovely flapjacks, they are not good for being gluten-free or vegan but just good because they are mostly packed full of good things. Bursting with delicious vitamin and mineral packed ingredients such as blueberries, oats, nuts and seeds. Great for a pre or post workout snack, providing slowly released energy.
- 250g oats (gluten-free if necesscary)
- 65g nut butter
- 65g dairy free butter
- 75g agave nectar plus 1tbsp
- 150g fresh blueberries, roughly crushed
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas Mk 4 and line a 8 x 8 inch baking tin with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan melt the butter and nut butter over a low heat. While that is doing in a large bowl place the rest of the ingredients apart from the tablespoon of agave nectar and give it a good mix.
3. Pour over the melted mixture and combine thoroughly and spoon into the tin, levelling the surface.
4. Bake for 35 minutes until firm and golden brown. Warm the reserved agave and brush over the top. Cool slightly and cut into 12 equal pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze individual pieces in clingfilm.